SVDP – 2022 CHRISTMAS APPEAL
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul will be distributing gift cards to needy families for Christmas. We are appealing for your support with gift cards (preferably President’s Choice) or cash. Please put your donation in a sealed envelope and place it in the SVDP Poor Box. Our members will be available after all weekend masses on Nov 26/27 and Dec 3/4 to accept your donations. To get a receipt for income tax purposes, please include your full name and address with your donation.
We thank you for helping us help the needy in our parish. God Bless
‘TURNING CONCERN INTO ACTION’
Our heartfelt thanks to all our parishioners for your support and generosity to our neighbours-in need.
In 2021 you made it possible for us to:
- Provide approximately $16K in food vouchers and over 6,000 lbs. of non-perishable food in response to the 225 requests we received for help.
- Distribute kids diapers, toys, gently used kids clothes, ladies professional attire and Mississauga transit bus tickets.
- Fill 4 truckloads with your donations of clothing and household items during Bundle Up Weekends in April and September.
- Sponsor one applicant for the Ozanam Education Fund, a program run by our provincial council to assist low-income families with expenses related to post-secondary education.
- Give several children Halloween costumes donated by a parish school and provide furniture ordered from the Society’s warehouse.
- Arrange a Thanksgiving Food Drive which was such a success that it fully stocked our pantry shelves; this drive was enthusiastically supported by parishioners and local Catholic schools.
- Distribute almost $25K in gift cards to 83 households during our 2021 Christmas Outreach Program. In addition to donations from parishioners, this program was also supported by local Catholic schools, the Knights of Columbus, the Rotary Club and Evergreen Retirement Community.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul extends sincere thanks to Fr. Paul Dobson, Fr. Michael Corpus, the office staff, Catholic schools and all our donors for supporting us during 2021.
Receipts for income tax purposes are being mailed this week.
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!